Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virginia News Reporter Shot Live
(08-27-2015, 05:40 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: I clearly highlighted that such a law is in place and was signed into law.  If you want to look it up and prove that I'm incorrect here, that's fine.

You stated it is in place, you did not prove it. If I state that Obama is a Kenyan Muslim that does not prove it (though it would to many and perhaps you).

I stated I believe you are mistaken, and don't care if you prove me right or wrong, because I went on to state that EVEN IF the law is in place it is clearly not being enforced. I went on to state we misappropriate LE resources in the "war on drugs" while ignoring the gun carnage across our country. I have yet to see a documented case of a victim of marijuana, yet a ton of people are in jail for possessing it. A ton of people obtain illegal guns or legal guns that they are not legally entitled to own, and damn few are in jail for that. This is my perception, which you are free to disagree with it.

Sensing you probably understood none that, let me try another tack. The thread is about people being murdered on live television. Clearly this indicates we don't have a gun problem. Sandy Hook, Columbine, VA Tech, the d-bag who got sentenced to 3,000 plus years today, etc. clearly show we don't have a gun problem. Leading the world in gun ownership and murder clearly show we don't have a gun problem. Does this paragraph paraphrase your argument accurately? I am trying to understand your take so I might better dialogue with you.

You asked about common sense gun laws. I suggested some. You CLAIMED (but did not prove) they exist and I pointed out that IF THEY DO there may be issues with LE priorities, enforcement, industry cooperation, and inadequate penalties for the crimes. You responded, 'prove the laws aren't on the books.' Maybe they are, but clearly we need a solution to our gun problem from my perspective. It would seem you disagree, and I am sure the headlines for the next year will delight you. No common sense (or other) gun laws will be passed and the corpses will keep piling up. Congratulations to you and Mr. Heston and Mr. LaPierre would seem to be in order.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Virginia News Reporter Shot Live - xxlt - 08-27-2015, 06:18 PM