Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleveland Indians will remove Chief Wahoo logo from their uniforms
(01-31-2018, 12:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: When I look at the name Redskins or the Indians logo (and the Cheifs, now that I think of it) I see one thing most of all...redness.  So red.  Let's not call this the PC movement so much as the "geez, let's try a wee bit of subtlety for a change" movement. The Boston Celtics can be green, the fighting Irish can be blue and gold, Vikings can be purple and gold, Steelers can be black and gold, Raiders can be black and silver, Canadian Hockey teams named after Canadians aren't all white, Bears can be blue, Eagles can be green so on and so forth.

Team named after a Native/tribe/rank...make it red. RED RED RED. Their skin is red, make it red. It's so on the nose. I'm not saying it shouldn't exist, but to act like there isn't some sort of underlying theme of simple labeling is just delusional.

Chief Wahoo is Red because the Cleveland Indians are red and blue. They made him Red for marketing. The original chief wahoo was normal skin tone for an Indian. Add that with him being a Cartoon caricature to appeal to kids then it’s quite easy to see it’s not made to be offensive.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cleveland Indians will remove Chief Wahoo logo from their uniforms - StLucieBengal - 01-31-2018, 01:44 PM