Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleveland Indians will remove Chief Wahoo logo from their uniforms
(01-31-2018, 01:34 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah, to each his own, as long as you try to be consistent.  I've noticed people like to tell other people to "just ignore" things don't offend them, but when something offends them they don't feel the need to just ignore it, because they're totally having it "shoved down their throats."

I recall having a discussion with a coworker a few years back where he stated that people should just ignore the Redskins name/logo or get over it, but at the same time was really upset that he had to raise his impressionable daughter in a world where the gay agenda is allowed to be forced upon us.  Simply put, the only things that are offensive and can't be simply ignored are the things that offend me...because you are offended by stupid stuff and the things that offend me are legit threats and should be treated as such.

People are full o' baloney.

Well if Washington changes their name from Redskins, then that is perfectly fine to me. Maybe in the 1930s when they adopted that name instead of the Braves which was the baseball teams name, it was acceptable back then. But today I definitely understand why it is offensive to many native peoples. 

Overall though I dont have any issue when teams or schools use native american names, like FSU Seminoles, Atlanta Braves, etc. Just as long as it is being used in a respectable manner so to speak. So I can see why Wahoo is offensive, particularly because he is red. If he was better done without the red and a better done smile instead of that goof one, I dont think it would matter as much.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cleveland Indians will remove Chief Wahoo logo from their uniforms - Millhouse - 01-31-2018, 05:29 PM