Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virginia News Reporter Shot Live
(08-27-2015, 06:41 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I think what creates this perception is that in a large number of states people can buy firearms at gun shows without a requirement for a background check. Stores indeed do have a quick background check that goes to the FBI, and I think that the rejection rate is <1%.

So, there's our common sense gun law. Pass a background check OR just go to a gun show because, you know, if you are at a gun show we know you aren't crazy or a criminal. This is what passes for safety now and common sense.

How tough would it be with the interwebs to do the same checks at a show as you do in a store? Doesn't sound like too high a bar, but let's say it is. How about you go to your local pawn shop or gun dealer within a week of the big show and get a check done, then bring documentation of it and ID to the gun show to buy something? The same maroons who scream for voter ID will scream this is big brother running a ram rod up their rectums and taking away their guns!

But jake and Wayne LaPierre are right - there really are no common sense gun laws we could implement. Ninja
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Virginia News Reporter Shot Live - xxlt - 08-27-2015, 08:40 PM