Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Denmark bans face veil: Incompatible with Danish values
(02-08-2018, 03:08 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Because of the obvious similarities between them and victims of religious oppression?

Except I poisted a link to a story that proves that some Muslim women wear the hijab for reasons that have nothing to do with religious oppression.

(02-08-2018, 03:08 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote:  i read it and gave it as much credence as that of the standard female DV victim.  Given your extensive experience with female domestic violence victims you know exactly what I'm talking about.

I have no idea what you are talking about.  I do have extensive experince with victims of domestic violence.  That is why I am able to read the story I linked and see that her decision had nothing to do with religious oppression.

I have no doubt that you gave her opinion no credence, but that was based on a sterotype lodged in your head and had nothing to do with what she actually said.  That is the difference between you and me.  I don't automatically judge a person on a stereotype.  I actually listen to what they have to say and judge them on an individual basis.  Here is the quote that convinced me that the author was not a victim of religios oppression.

"Wearing the hijab was not something I deliberately set out to do. It was something I unexpectedly stumbled upon as a twentysomething undergraduate, reading feminist literature and researching stories of women's lives in the sex industry"

You, on the other hand, can not provide a single quote from the story that would support your theory that not one single Muslim woman in the world is capable of thinking for herself and making a decision to wear hijab.  You don't think you have to read or listen to anything they say because you already know more than everyone of them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Denmark bans face veil: Incompatible with Danish values - fredtoast - 02-08-2018, 03:30 AM