Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wolf's First 2018 Mock Draft
(02-07-2018, 12:11 AM)TGISunday Wrote: I love Nelson and most of these guys a lot. But I would fully expect Teryl Austin to pull a Josh McDaniels after getting one mid round draft pick to work with.

For sure. I could even see him be interested in a defensive tackle

(02-07-2018, 02:20 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Not bad, except I don't like the Corbett pick because, if he struggles with big linemen, how's he going to handle the monster nose tackles of the division?  We need to control the middle of the line.

Yeah, Corbett does struggle with big offensive lineman. He has decent awareness and technique, but definitely lacks lower body strength. I think he would be serviceable

(02-07-2018, 02:32 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Would love this draft only thing is I think Wynn (1st Rd) and  Lauretta(2nd) will go early then you project. However if a draft happens like that I would be happy!!!

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if they both rose. Lauletta was getting some hype from a scout I know before the Senior Bowl, so he could definitely go higher

(02-07-2018, 11:14 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: I like Nwosu's ability. However, I am concerned with his longevity in the league. I was reading he's already walked away from playing football twice and had to be convinced by his teammates to stay and play this season.

That's something I haven't looked into much. I tend to focus on the field work and if they've been in legal trouble before I dive into character traits. I had no idea about that.

(02-07-2018, 11:17 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I always enjoy reading your take on players.
However, Austin Corbett is probably the one I'm not in agreement with.
Prior to the Senior Bowl, he never played C. Yes, he had some good reps in limited time there during Senior Bowl week, but I just feel he'll be at least a year away from starting at C. What I would fear is Bodine being brought back and Corbett being versatile depth for 1-2 years while this team continues to trot out Bodine, which will hold back this team.
And maybe I need to do more research on him, but I've read multiple scouting reports that say he's just serviceable in practically every area, not dominant. He does seem like the quintessential Day 3 OL pick by the Bengals though given his versatility.

Yeah he's certainly not dominant. He is good with his technique, but lacks lower body strength and can be pushed back, but he always fights. Not exactly a great improvment, but as you said, the Bengals like their versatile lineman.

(02-07-2018, 12:25 PM)Wyche Wrote: As usual, you knocked this out of the park.  Great work and interesting takes on the players.  I wouldn't be mad at all with this draft....I may be leaning to Roquan Smith and a top C more than you, but this would be a nice haul as well.  I'm not as up on the lower round guys as most of you all are here in the draft forum, that's why I am always in here reading and learning.  I'm hoping we address at least one oline position in FA with a good player, but of course have little faith it happens.

Nice first mock my man. :andy:

I would be happy with Roquon as well. If it's not Nelson, I want Smith. That's my 1A and 1B.

(02-07-2018, 12:53 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Great job Wolf! You've done your homework and like others have said, I wouldn't be mad! Lol

Thanks!

(02-07-2018, 01:54 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Ya, as others have already, excellent work my man!  Love the quality write ups of your picks.  I would be ecstatic if the draft fell this way.  So....when will the Bengals FO reach out and contact you for some quality scouting work?   :)  

That day may never come sadly lol. I sent my resume in awhile ago, but they weren't looking to add any more scouts. So it is what it is for now.

(02-07-2018, 02:22 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Nice work Wolf, thanks

And I wouldn't be totally shocked if Nelson fell to us ? A lot will happen between now and the draft, team needs will change with FA.

I'm just not sure the Bengals will pull the trigger on an interior O lineman that high ? Let's hope he falls that far and the Bengals do. He's an impact player for sure and would upgrade our line a ton all by himself !

I've seen some reports that Marvin wasn't too happy with how Ogbuehi played. So you never know. I'm hoping we go offensive line early if not in the 1st round
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Wolf's First 2018 Mock Draft - wolfkaosaun - 02-06-2018, 07:13 PM
RE: Wolf's First 2018 Mock Draft - ML46 - 02-06-2018, 09:45 PM
RE: Wolf's First 2018 Mock Draft - J24 - 02-07-2018, 02:32 AM
RE: Wolf's First 2018 Mock Draft - Yojimbo - 02-07-2018, 11:14 AM
RE: Wolf's First 2018 Mock Draft - wolfkaosaun - 02-08-2018, 08:51 PM
RE: Wolf's First 2018 Mock Draft - Benton - 02-09-2018, 01:54 AM
RE: Wolf's First 2018 Mock Draft - bfine32 - 02-09-2018, 07:48 PM