Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've gotta give the Bengals credit...
(02-09-2018, 02:59 PM)Sweetness Wrote: I'm not talking about just the two Superbowl defenses. What defense in the league impresses you guys then? Can't be the Jags because they got shredded by the Steelers, can't be the Steelers because they were shredded by the Jags, can't be the Vikings and Zimmer because they were also shredded by the Eagles. 

People claiming this game indicates he wouldn't be a good HC must think there isn't a single good HC candidate in the entire league then because all defenses have games where they get ripped. 

I'm not not acknowledging he's a good OC, I think he is. I'm saying people who claim he's good but the DC is bad don't make any sense with their reasoning. 

One thing I can say for sure about Matt Patricia: he's not Marvin Lewis. I'd take him over Marv in a second and never think twice about it.

Now, could Patricia be worse than Marv in the long run? Of course. But he would have been a change from the status quo, for better or worse. It's a risk I would have been completely fine with. I'd certainly be more excited for primetime, steeler and playoff games with Patricia as head coah. Right now, (Barring a lucky bounce) all are essentially hopeless.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I've gotta give the Bengals credit... - Pat5775 - 02-10-2018, 04:43 PM