Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Media being inappropriate when it comes to immigration
(02-12-2018, 03:52 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Yep, he's a criminal for living in Brazil for 3 years. Definitely need to deport this father and business owner. Super good argument for killing jobs in the US. Not influenced by hatred of brown people.

How about just the Green Card policy?

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/820/~/can-a-u.s.-lawful-permanent-resident-leave-multiple-times-and-return

Quote:If you are a lawful permanent resident (green card holder), you may leave the U.S. multiple times and reenter, as long as you do not intend to stay outside the U.S. for 1 year or more.

If you intend to stay outside the U.S. for 1 year or more, you must apply for a re-entry permit with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) prior to leaving the U.S. Re-entry permits are generally valid for 2 years from the date of issuance. Therefore, if you are outside of the U.S. longer than the date the permit was issued, you may be denied entry into the U.S.

To apply for a re-entry permit, you must file an Application for a Travel Document (I-131) with the USCIS. If you applied for permanent resident status, but are not yet officially a lawful permanent resident "green card holder" and you need to leave the U.S. on emergency, you must apply for and receive advance parole to leave the U.S. by filing a I-131 with USCIS.

For additional information, see the USCIS Policy Manual.

If you are required to file documents prior to leaving the U.S., it is imperative that you do so, otherwise, you may be found inadmissible and denied reentry into the U.S.

If you are a green card holder and you do not stay outside the U.S. for 1 year or more, you should have either your green card (I-551) or your returning resident visa to re-enter the United States. You are not required to present your unexpired passport, however it is not a bad idea to carry it with you.

If you wish to receive automatic updates to this Q&A, select "Subscribe to Updates" on the left side of this screen.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Media being inappropriate when it comes to immigration - StLucieBengal - 02-12-2018, 05:17 PM