Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump struggles with the basics on history and civics in DACA tweet
(02-12-2018, 10:16 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I appreciate your desire to rewrite his tweets to make him sound somewhat correct, but he didn't say that the Republicans did more. He didn't say the Democrats accomplished nothing. 

He said the Republicans want to fix DACA more (that's a subjective statement so we can't say he's wrong), that the Demcrats decided to do nothing (that's patently false, they brought up the Dream Act multiple times and tried to pass it, ultimately getting it done via an executive order), and that the Democrats only want to use DACA as a campaign issue (which is a subjective statement but one that is easily shot down by just looking at the actions of Democrats over the last 10 years). 

Guess we'll just disagree on the term "decide" being the seminal point. 

"I wanna pass this bill"

"We are going to resist your attempts"

"OK, I decide not to pursue it"

So decide could most likely be the most apt word to use. The fact that they let it go, shows they decided to do nothing; as nothing was done in Congress. 

I do appreciate your attempts to downplay his desire to get something done on illegal immigration. Something other administrations have just kicked down the road. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump struggles with the basics on history and civics in DACA tweet - bfine32 - 02-12-2018, 10:25 PM