4 10.81%
Geno
89.19%
33 89.19%
Total 37 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Free Agency is Over (before it even began)
(02-12-2018, 06:13 PM)jj22 Wrote: For Bengals fans looking for upgrades during Free Agency (and hoping Marvin won something when he was begged to come back) are in for a sad reality once again.

With the Front office attention fully on Dunlap and Geno this offseason, there will be no money left over. NONE. (I understand you can't tag one next offsesaon, that's only useed on Kickers).

Thus hopes of some help on the Oline will likely be Andre Smith, and LB will be re-singing Minter.

Also the growing belief is that Adam Jones will remain a Bengal so we can't create any cap space from cutting him.

Only good news is they may not be able to afford Bodine (but they'll somehow make that work).

On to the Draft.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/02/10/cincinnati-bengals-xtra-setting-table-bengals-free-agency/323385002/?from=new-cookie

Well we do have to bring Geno and Dunlap back, this is a must and i would be all for bringing Andre back as well.

But we need to add another Lineman and a Linebacker not named Minter if we want to free up the draft.

Saw the mock on bengals.com and it had us taking Derwin James S Florida State. Would be all for this if the draft was opened up but it would be a bad pick if not in my opinion even if Derwin is a stud. The O-line is the thing holding us back and Pollack needs some early draft picks to work with if we are going to turn this thing around.

Hope you are wrong JJ22, that is all i can say. Adam and Bodine should be gone. I want it to be like this....

We re-sign, Geno Atkins, Carlos Dunlap, bring back Andre Smith and a nice FA in Nate Solder LT and Nigel Bradham LB.

Draft Derwin James S and Frank Ragnow C Arkansas.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Free Agency is Over (before it even began) - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-13-2018, 03:34 PM