Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virginia News Reporter Shot Live
(08-27-2015, 09:42 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Okay, that's fine with me.

Do whatever, as long as it doesn't infringe on the 2nd amendment.  Ensuring that someone is buying a gun is legally allowed to own a gun is fine with me. 

I don't think it's going to prevent any tragedies.  As I said, if I needed a gun to do something bad and didn't have one, I could have one inside an hour with no background check, but if doing this sort of thing make you feel better....have at it. 

At some point people on both sides of the political spectrum will learn that you can't legislate morality.  

Well, you can't make people drive on the right side of the interstate either (here in Florida we prove that almost daily) but we do try. We have traffic laws. Not everyone obeys them, but most do. We can't prevent rape from happening, but we still have a law against it. I know, seems foolish to try to legislate morality - why don't we just torch the traffic laws and the rape laws too. Moral people will drive safely and not rape and heathens will do neither, so why bother with laws?

Probably my favorite dumb thing the "cold dead hands" people say is "if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns." By that logic and the "you can't legislate morality" logic we should have no laws ever, because someone will break them so what's the point? Yeah buddy!
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Virginia News Reporter Shot Live - xxlt - 08-29-2015, 12:35 PM