Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rhode Island cuts pensions, gets backing from federal court
(02-23-2018, 04:16 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: The govt does pretty well at fixing problems [regulation, or lack thereof] after the fact.  Nothing Obama did, or that Trump un-did, is going to matter.  EVERY major "financial crisis" has been Wall Street innovation running way ahead of regulation and models.  That will never change - you can't fix what you can't see.

In the last 3+ decades, we've had at least 3-4 financial crises.....every one a failure of risk mitigation models.  Hubris, yes, greed or indifference, no.  You don't agree because everything you read and hear says otherwise - because everyting you and everone else reads is partisan propaganda.  You're not stupid, you just don't have the experience and education to know better.  Friends and colleagues talk all the time how we wish people could get the truth.

I AM afraid of the next recession, because Obama's recovery is basicaly Bushanomics on steroids.  W's economic growth was fraudulent - it was fueled by financial services (mostly mortgage financing).  But Obama's isn't any better.  More easy money, more cheap financing.  We didn't learn our lesson the first time and the next time will probably be worse.  Nothing to do with regulations - but your politicians will make sure you "know" otherwise.

Just to the bolded:  But you can react and try to mitigate that happening again.  Which Obama tried to do.  I won't sit here and say he got it 100% right, but I will say that Trump then completely undid it at all.  I'm not sure how that is good when we did see it and now we're not going to do much of anything to stop it from happening again.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rhode Island cuts pensions, gets backing from federal court - GMDino - 02-23-2018, 10:52 AM