Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CNN producer to Student: Stick to the script
(02-26-2018, 07:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I would likely be more apt to subscribe to one of the wire services, as opposed to a specific "newspaper".  For State and local news, Spectrum news channel actually does one heck of a good job, at least I think.  They do a great job of presenting the news without showing any political bias, much more so than the local Network affiliates, anyway.  

Spectrum isn't something available to me for state and local news. RTD and my local paper do a decent job, though my local paper has been on a downhill slide for years. But in all honesty, as long as you know what you are reading you can get news from most reputable sources without much of a bias. WaPo, for example, has a slant to it, but that's primarily for analysis and opinion pieces. Its harder news is thorough and neutral. Same for WSJ, NYT, and a host of others. Of course, a lot of those papers also rely on wire services for some of their stories. Having a subscription to a newspaper actually supports the AP, usually, because some of those funds are going to go back to them.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: CNN producer to Student: Stick to the script - Belsnickel - 02-26-2018, 07:48 PM