Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump struggles with the basics on history and civics in DACA tweet
(03-02-2018, 05:21 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: While the association is admittedly flimsy, I'm guessing it could be argued that a model is excelling in the field of "art/bringing awareness to art" or whatever was one of the criteria mentioned in the article, and even if not at the top of said field globally, could be considered "cream of the crop" in said field from that particular nation. The article mentioned something about meeting 3 out of 10 criteria, so, I'm still not sure how the argument can be made very strictly, but I'm just throwing out the likely argument that was used IMO. Having said that, this really doesn't pass the smell test, at least to me.

I understand that argument, but you're judged based on others in your field, not your nation. At the time, she was working in the US on a non permanent residency work visa, so she would have been compared to actual super models making millions, which she wasn't.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump struggles with the basics on history and civics in DACA tweet - BmorePat87 - 03-02-2018, 05:36 PM