Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the Browns now a threat for us to contend with?
(03-10-2018, 03:16 PM)3wt Wrote: I tend to agree with your thinking Shake.   Landry is a very good receiver, and should combine nicely with the outside threats that have the potential to improve this year.   And Joe Thomas has already come out and enthusiastically endorsed the Taylor acquisition.   They've been slowly putting together a fine offensive line and they are getting rid of the deadwood.

And what this means to me is that they have a GM who knows what he's doing and is on the same page with the head coach.

Pretty good prescription for success I'd say.   At the worst they build a foundation for a franchise quarterback and look to get to around .500 this year.

At best they look like they are following the script that Philadelphia, Jacksonville and the Rams have been benefitting from - with a pretty quick turn around.

I'm not convinced but they have my attention

Exactly how I feel. I could see 7-9 or better this season. Maybe playoffs if all goes well. I'm not 100%, but they have my attention for sure.

(03-10-2018, 03:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If they cut Duke Johnson to make way for Barkley, I wouldn't mind seeing him brought in to replace Hill's roster spot.

I'd think they'd keep him. He's a good pass catcher for sure. Not that we really need that.

(03-10-2018, 03:37 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: How is he 3-2 against us when we have only played him 3 times?  We beat him twice once when he was in Baltimore and once while he was in Buffalo where are you getting the other 2 games. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TaylTy00/splits/

Although it appears PFR's splits are mistaken. We've only played him twice when he was the starting QB. Once each of the last 2 years. We split them. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TaylTy00/gamelog/

And just to throw this little tidbit in there: Last year, Browns QB's threw 28 INT's, which is 10 more than Taylor has thrown in his entire career.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are the Browns now a threat for us to contend with? - Shake n Blake - 03-10-2018, 08:27 PM