Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the Browns now a threat for us to contend with?
(03-12-2018, 04:42 PM)McC Wrote: But it's an 0-16 team.  And if you don't play the rookie, you're just delaying the process of finding out what you have.  You're making him a rookie in his second year.  You find out if he's a bust a year later.  And what if Taylor does play well?  Now you have a QB controversy.

Anyway, I have full confidence in Hue's ability to screw it up.

Lots of teams practice this......but I get your point.

(03-13-2018, 01:06 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: We just improved our team today by getting Glenn at LT and everything I said was true not sure why you are laughing at that but giving the Browns all the credit in the world.

That we did.....but some of that stuff about the defense was just too much man.....sorry.  Also, I'm not giving the Browns all the credit in the world, I'm just pointing out that they are making some moves, and may be on the rise.

(03-13-2018, 10:06 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Is anyone saying the Browns are going to overtake us because they signed Tylenol Taylor?  What's the big deal with maybe thinking the Browns might be making some moves that could lead them to being a decent team (eventually)?

Some of the mindsets here are pretty ridiculous.  We want to mock the Browns for going 1-31 but we also want to mock them for making a move to replace a QB who turned the ball over 28 times with one who turned it over 6 times.  I ain't no football genius, but that seems like a decent move to me.  

Are the Browns winning the next SB?  No, but they lost 5 games last year by 3 points and 1 game by 6 points in the 2017 season and maybe, JUST MAYBE, the fact that they were playing a QB who is 6 times more likely (just some quick math on turnovers to dropbacks for each guy) to turn the ball over than the one they just got played a role in that.  

Yeah, I really don't understand how saying "Taylor is an improvement, Landry is a good signing, and with a good draft, they may win some ballgames in a couple years" is suddenly anointing them the next world champion.

(03-13-2018, 10:35 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Right, they got a safe vet QB who can win games (he went one and done in the playoffs, so who are we to not claim he was wildly successful in 2017?) and they (should) take the top prospect QB at #1 overall.  This seems like a very logical way to rebuild a franchise that has been total crap for a long time.  There is nothing wacky about what they are doing this time, so I can see the skepticism, but criticism...meh, they're doing what we did in 2003 after our own 10+ years of humiliation.

Exactly.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are the Browns now a threat for us to contend with? - Wyche'sWarrior - 03-13-2018, 10:53 AM