Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preston Brown signs with the Bengals
(03-17-2018, 12:42 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Ok guys, I need a little help here.  Am I surprised by the signing?  Yes.  Is he our second best lb?  Most likely.  Is it an upgrade at a position that needs one?  Yes.  I've seen some of the stats listed in this thread.  So I do like the move.

But a lot of the sites had him in about the middle of the rankings for best available free agents.  And there were quite a few lbs rated higher.  

So what were they wrong about with this guy?

From everything I've read, he's not a superstar...just a high quality LB. A better Minter. NFL.com had him as the 51st best available FA, but keep in mind how many FA's there are. For example, Brown checked in ahead of Josh Sitton, Jordy Nelson, Sheldon Richardson and many other very good players on that list.

Brown is that "mid-tier" guy we always ask for and rarely get in FA. Baker was a sneaky good signing as well. Obviously Cordy Glenn is still the best player we brought in and I'm honestly still in shock over that one.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Preston Brown signs with the Bengals - Shake n Blake - 03-17-2018, 01:07 AM