Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biden would of beat David Dennison Ass!
(03-22-2018, 09:46 AM)hollodero Wrote: I somehow feel so inclinded to answer, but everything I come up with is blabbering. Still. What Biden said was wrong and is to be condemned. Firing back with equal words, like Trump did, takes away the moral highground though.

Overall, I find it a moot point to call one side out for being more violent than the other. Idiots are everywhere, and violence threats are nothing typical for just the left, five minutes on the Breitbart boards alone proves that to me. Which is why I feel making this point is a bit cheap (as is bringing up Breitbart).

To be sure.  I think bfine's point is that such comments about Trump are, at the very least, tolerated on the mainstream media.  If you'll recall the outrage when a GOP rep shouted out "You lie!" during an Obama SOTU address and then compare the either non-reaction or even praise for things like this with Trump.  The backlash against "you lie" was well deserved.  Why can Snoop, Eminem, Biden and others threaten the POTUS with violence and not be immediately condemned for it.  The only person I can think of who's actually suffered some consequences for this type of action is Kathy Griffen.

Quote:As for Obama. I say again, threatening violence, even jokingly, is wrong. It's just, Trump says a lot of defamatory, insulting, pejorative things, Obama, for all disagreement there might be, did not. It's hard to compare the reaction to the two, since the two were such different personas. 

Trump is also routinely castigated in the press for these things.

Quote:Last but least, I feel the thread is a bit in bad taste, as it seems like celebrating Joe Biden.

It was made by the left's resident wing nut, of course it's in bad taste.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden would of beat David Dennison Ass! - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 03-22-2018, 11:00 AM