Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Citizenship Required on 2020 census
(03-27-2018, 06:42 PM)Benton Wrote: Constitution aside, the number of people in an area is always going to be an issue. Going to extremes, if you have 75,000 people in an area receiving municipal funds for 50,000, you're going to have issues with sanitation, traffic, housing, etc. The debate on whether those extra 50,000 people should count is fine, but at the end of the day, communities still have to handle the uncounted 25,000 driving on rods, flushing toilets, etc.

I get all of that, and comprehend the ramifications of not having enough budget for everyone trying to live in a given area.  However, what is being missed here, is why are they allowed to be here?  They're in violation of the law, make them leave.  

I'd like to see a list of Nations that allow illegal immigrants to not only live there, but to gather, organize, and hold protests in their host Nation.  The US has policies on how to immigrate, along with steps toward citizenship.  The presence of illegals is not only costing a lot extra in budget allocations, but affecting the distribution of representation in our legislature.  When they wrote about all "free persons", I really don't believe that they intended for immigration laws to be completely ignored.

So, I say absolutely ask the question "Are you a US Citizen" on the Census.  If places that want to declare themselves "sanctuaries" for illegal immigrants, choose to do that, then let them foot the bill for keeping them around.  No need to pull from the Federal pot to care and maintain them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23

Messages In This Thread
RE: Citizenship Required on 2020 census - SunsetBengal - 03-27-2018, 06:59 PM