Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Citizenship Required on 2020 census
(03-28-2018, 12:21 AM)Benton Wrote: To the bold, understood. And I'm not agreeing or disagreeing. But at the end of the day, the way our federal government works is that funds are doled out to local communities based on the number of people there. Those funds are used for a variety of things. And they're distributed largely because of the census. So the legal status is largely a side issue in regard to the fact that communities have to deal with the people there.

As far as other nations, they may not. That's why they're not us. If we're going to be more than the rest of the world, then we need to be more. If we're going to use other countries as a measuring stick, we deserve to be just as bad off as them.

What other nations do seems to be a rallying cry for either side depending on the issue.  I for one don't care what other countries do.  If I want to do something, then I see looking at how other countries do it, but the mere fact that other countries do something means nothing to me.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Citizenship Required on 2020 census - michaelsean - 03-28-2018, 11:32 AM