Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We need to learn Christian forgiveness and look past Trump's past actions!
(03-28-2018, 04:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll admit I'm Christian but I do clip the edges of my beard,

WTS, Leviticus is in the old testament, that's more of a Jewish/hebrew thing than a Christian one. But to the scripture I am against anyone mistreating a foreigner in our land, but if the law of man says they must go, then they must go and from what i understand we do so in a humane fashion.

Bottom line is this thread tries to create a correlation where none exists and is feeble in nature, but as long as you are willing to continue to bury yourself, I have no problem helping out with the dirt. 

Oh!  So you want to ignore (some) the OT laws?

Okie dokie.

https://ism.intervarsity.org/resource/aliens-strangers-and-gospel

Quote:Unlike the Old Testament, the New Testament says little about foreigners because Jesus destroyed the dividing wall between Jews and non-Jews. By his death on the Cross he made a new covenant from which no people on earth is excluded (Ephesians 2:11-19).

...if the Israelites had to take special care of the alien because of his particular circumstances, so we should show greater understanding and concern for the alien living in our midst. Jesus affirms this teaching of the law and brings out its full meaning in his parable of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:25-37). He clearly links together these two commandments to love our neighbor and to love the alien. For the Jews, Samaritans were not only foreigners but long-standing enemies with whom they refused to have the least contact with (John 4:9). Now, Jesus not only calls the Samaritan the Jew’s neighbor, he also asks the teacher of the law to follow the Samaritan’s example: "Go", he says, "and do likewise."

As I have said...let's stop talking about being a Christian nation and act like one.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: We need to learn Christian forgiveness and look past Trump's past actions! - GMDino - 03-28-2018, 04:18 PM