Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We need to learn Christian forgiveness and look past Trump's past actions!
(03-29-2018, 01:43 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I mean I don't ever hear anyone (and I mean citizens) say that.  Neither conservative nor liberal.  Obviously anecdotal but still.  So I'm wondering which constituency is being sucked up to.

They don't say they don't want to fund the VA, but that's because that's not what they realize they are saying no to. The tax bill that passed, and other tax cuts before it? Everybody likes money in their pockets and not going to the government, but that means departments like the VA aren't going to be funded.

Out of the 15 cabinet departments, VA actually gets a fair amount. What is left after the DoD gets half of the discretionary spending, of course.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: We need to learn Christian forgiveness and look past Trump's past actions! - Belsnickel - 03-29-2018, 01:48 PM