Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mom: Why raising my son made me question what female empowerment is doing to boys
(03-30-2018, 07:02 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So, a self-proclaimed feminist admits right off to not being a feminist, feels she is screwing up in her parenting, and it's society's fault?

Here's an idea: teach all of our children to be strong and independent. Accept that all children need that message, that they can be their own, individual person. That their strength and individuality is in who they are and is not tied to whether they have a penis or a vagina (or color of their skin, sexual orientation, etc.). That is, after all, what feminism is all about. Equality.

Boys need to be taught they have a role and that is to take care of and protect the family. They need to respect women but also know it’s their job to ensure women are respected and protected. They need to grow up knowing their job and knowing they are being counted on to do that job to ensure a successful family.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mom: Why raising my son made me question what female empowerment is doing to boys - StLucieBengal - 03-30-2018, 11:24 PM