Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I am not happy about the Cordy Glenn trade
(04-01-2018, 05:37 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: You can be angry in 20/20 hindsight and still be happy about the Glenn trade.  How was the trade, in and of itself, a bad thing?  What does that trade have to do with Kirkpatrick or DeCastro?

I can be angry if I were wanting us to take Glenn in 2012 with either DeCastro or Zeitler.  It isn't 20/20 hindsight if I was wanting this to happen before the draft.  Hell even after taking Dre, I wanted us to nab DeCastro, but we passed and traded the pick away.  The Steelers grab DeCastro and we take Zeitler.  

We wouldn't have the inconsistent play of Kirkpatrick and we would probably have Glenn on our roster still since he turned out to be a good LT.  He would have taken over for Whitworth and we wouldn't have Ogbuehi on the team.

You see, I wanted us to take Glenn then, instead we didn't and now have traded in order for us to get him here.  Him being here is a good thing, but we could/ should have had him in 2012.  It was a bad call by the FO for not even entertaining the idea of getting 2 OGs with those 2 1st round picks.  So the trade isn't a bad thing, it just highlights the ineptitude of our FO.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why I am not happy about the Cordy Glenn trade - YsCascadia - 04-01-2018, 11:13 PM