Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Let's talk about income inequality
(05-22-2015, 02:41 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Personally, I've always seen "working the system" (or trying to work the system, anyway) as counter-productive.

My brother and I are opposites in this regard. He is always looking for a short cut or a loophole, whereas I almost always take the straight and direct path. He will spend hours trying to think up some 'foolproof' scheme to avoid some work where it only would have taken a half hour to do the job in the first place. He believes he is smarter than me because he does this. In fact, I think that his pride about being seen as smart is his prime motivation. Hence he is willing to ignore the obvious facts that his schemes take more time and effort.

There are other people out there like this. I don't worry about them. From what I've seen, they never get ahead. And when it comes to things like welfare scams or unemployment scams (throw in workman's comp scans too for good measure), those are some of the dumbest scams out there and they typically get caught and exposed. I don't think there are that many people out there "pulling one over" on the government as you may think there are. And when it comes right down to it, no individual scams the government better than businesses.

Your brother is George Costanza?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's talk about income inequality - michaelsean - 05-22-2015, 03:03 PM