Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I am not happy about the Cordy Glenn trade
(04-02-2018, 04:30 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: I belly laugh when I read linebacker is not as big of a need people are making it out to be lol.  We have only two competent linebackers on the roster.  One of those two is suspended for the first 4 weeks at least and that same one will be a FA at the end of the year lol.  But ur probably right smh.  Lol I just disagree 100%.  We want to stop the run but we don’t want any linebackers....right on.

Then maybe you should update yourself with our current roster.

http://www.bengals.com/team/roster.html

Burfict, who you have listed as out for 4 weeks and will be a FA by the end of the season, isn't the only LBer we have.  It will be interesting to see if he is brought in by anyone though considering his suspensions. 

Jordan Evans played well as a rookie.  Carl Lawson wasn't bad either, but again rookie.  Hardy Nickerson, don't know, haven't seen him on the field, maybe give him a shot before you write him off, also a rookie.  Nick Vigil should be back before the season starts and he is far from incompetent.  We even brought in Preston Brown from the Bills who made a lot of plays for him last season.  Lastly is Vinny Rey, who I will grant you, is lackluster, but he is a solid veteran who can step in if needed.

Now you do know that we play a 4-3 defense, right?  So who do you have that can play 4-3?  Also are you looking for an Sam, Mike or Will?  Do we take someone that plays Burfict's spot or hope to get one that can play all three.  When Burfict comes back, do we make a switch or leave it be? 

No, LBer is not as big of need as you think it is.  So you can laugh, but you only look foolish doing so.  We can still grab LBer in the 3rd and 4th rounds.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why I am not happy about the Cordy Glenn trade - YsCascadia - 04-03-2018, 04:06 PM