Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scotish man convicted for "offensive speech"
(04-03-2018, 08:34 PM)hollodero Wrote: I never accused you of lecturing. I explicitly accused the OP of lecturing, and I did that based on the fact that he was rather judging than talking about differences. I mean, how did you even weasel into the picture in the first place? You could call Europe what you want and I couldn't be mad at you.

Yeah well, I'd be the last person to make a fuzz about that one, right. It's not really just about all that though, everyone's got their blind spots, that's not so specific to the US. In the end, I just don't like it when Europeans are accused of flocking to authoritarian figures, based on how guys that train Hitler dogs are treated. There's little I can do, I just can think "that's a bit ridiculous, and also look who's talking, the guys that went for Trump." What's next, you slam us for nepotism? :)

No I know you didn’t accuse me of lecturing. I just wanted to reinforce that nobody should be lecturing if that’s what they were doing. Probably reads differently than it sounded in my head.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scotish man convicted for "offensive speech" - michaelsean - 04-03-2018, 08:51 PM