Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scotish man convicted for "offensive speech"
(04-03-2018, 08:34 PM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah well, I'd be the last person to make a fuzz about that one, right. It's not really just about all that though, everyone's got their blind spots, that's not so specific to the US. In the end, I just don't like it when Europeans are accused of flocking to authoritarian figures, based on how guys that train Hitler dogs are treated. There's little I can do, I just can think "that's a bit ridiculous, and also look who's talking, the guys that went for Trump." What's next, you slam us for nepotism? :)

Well, I have to agree with you on this. 

And add that one of the most mystifying aspects of the Trump phenomenon is the almost studied inability of so many Americans to see anything fundamentally disturbing in his political/policy comments.  Millions will say they "don't approve" of mimicking a disabled person or publicly criticizing women's looks, but they are not sure what damage he could do to domestic or foreign policy, simply by following his ignorant bully instincts.  He got the tax bill through, right? And a Supreme Court justice?  Thank heaven we are not prone to authoritarian leaders.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scotish man convicted for "offensive speech" - Dill - 04-03-2018, 08:55 PM