Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOP embracing taxing the poor in Kentucky
(04-04-2018, 05:43 PM)Benton Wrote: It's a mixed bag.

On the one hand, you've got people (teachers, cops, etc) who take difficult jobs with low pay, in part, because of the hope of having a stable life after employment. Part of the low pay (compared to working at a private company) is the idea that your money is going toward your pension. 401k's aren't guaranteed and its conceivable you might have to work several extra years because someone invested your money poorly. 

I don't have an issue with 401k's, but in the instance of public employees, they should get paid more if their retirements are not going to be protected. 

I don’t know if low pay is the right description. The wife of a customer of mine is a physical ed teacher in a public school and she makes $95,000. Now she’s in her 50s so she’s been there a while, so you factor that in, but you have to imagine the starting salary there is above low.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: GOP embracing taxing the poor in Kentucky - michaelsean - 04-04-2018, 07:14 PM