Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOP embracing taxing the poor in Kentucky
(04-03-2018, 12:24 AM)Benton Wrote: https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/2018/04/02/tax-reform-cigarettes-kentucky-state-budget/474643002/

The nutshell, the GOP-controlled house, senate and governor's office are pushing through a number of consumer tax hikes, along with increasing income taxes for the majority of residents, while decreasing it to top earners (currently those making more than $75,000). Our current model has a graduating income tax where any dollar up to $3,000 gets a 2% tax, up to 5.8% for $8,000 or more. The majority of Kentuckians fall in this 5%-5.8% range.

Republicans pushed the bill through saying it would generate half a billion over the next two years, mostly by raising the tax rate on the poorest and closing loopholes used by middle income earners like insurance costs.

Normally, I lump members of both parties into "they're all bad." But, jeez, taking more money from ome of the poorest people in the country? I'm amazed at how green the Bluegrass has gotten.

I'm right there with ya on the two parties.  That said, the GOP has shown its true colors, and even some of its staunchest supporters are pissed off.  Most of them won't make it through November, at least I hope.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: GOP embracing taxing the poor in Kentucky - Wyche'sWarrior - 04-06-2018, 02:39 PM