Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I am not happy about the Cordy Glenn trade
(04-03-2018, 04:06 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: Then maybe you should update yourself with our current roster.

http://www.bengals.com/team/roster.html

Burfict, who you have listed as out for 4 weeks and will be a FA by the end of the season, isn't the only LBer we have.  It will be interesting to see if he is brought in by anyone though considering his suspensions. 

Jordan Evans played well as a rookie.  Carl Lawson wasn't bad either, but again rookie.  Hardy Nickerson, don't know, haven't seen him on the field, maybe give him a shot before you write him off, also a rookie.  Nick Vigil should be back before the season starts and he is far from incompetent.  We even brought in Preston Brown from the Bills who made a lot of plays for him last season.  Lastly is Vinny Rey, who I will grant you, is lackluster, but he is a solid veteran who can step in if needed.

Now you do know that we play a 4-3 defense, right?  So who do you have that can play 4-3?  Also are you looking for an Sam, Mike or Will?  Do we take someone that plays Burfict's spot or hope to get one that can play all three.  When Burfict comes back, do we make a switch or leave it be? 

No, LBer is not as big of need as you think it is.  So you can laugh, but you only look foolish doing so.  We can still grab LBer in the 3rd and 4th rounds.  

I thought Burfict signed an extension last year before the season started?

BTW, we need a SAM Linebacker, we have tons of WILL backers and a couple MIKE's already on the team.

We will probably grab a LB in the mid rounds like Jim O our Bengal insider said. I am liking Shaqueem Griffin, Mike McCray,
Tegray Scales or Lorenzo Carter there. But if a player like Rashaan Evans, Vander Esch or Malik Jefferson falls to us in the 2nd
and we went with our Center in the first i could definately see us grabbing one of these guys.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why I am not happy about the Cordy Glenn trade - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-07-2018, 05:29 PM