Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saudi Prince Recognizes Israel’s Right To Exist
(04-10-2018, 02:18 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Qatar is one of the works worst Human rights violators.   A lot of this has to do with sharia law.   It’s a scum bag nation.   You can romanticize them all you like.   We love to travel and see different countries  it there is no way we would go Qatar for any reason.   And before you launch into some anti Muslim thing we have gone to Turkey and Azerbaijan without any issues.   Turkey was admittedly more dicey.

How is Qatar's human rights record compared to our ally, Saudi Arabia?

Funny the way you group so many countries together as "Muslim" and then talk about what "they" are all like. Seems like the only choices out there for you are demonize or romanticize--with no clue I might not be doing either. I don't travel around Europe and the US thinking of them as "Christian" countries.  (I'll admit I did travel in India thinking of it as "Hindu" though.)

How in the world do you connect Sharia law to capitalist exploitation of labor?

Do you understand that many of the companies working in Qatar are Western. Quantex Qatar and Global Building Solutions are headquartered where???   You understand that Qatari construction companies are for the most part shells through which Western firms are hired?  You understand that there, as here, the MONEY is always for rolling back regulations.  That is not "Sharia."  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Saudi Prince Recognizes Israel’s Right To Exist - Dill - 04-10-2018, 11:53 AM