Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I am not happy about the Cordy Glenn trade
(04-10-2018, 08:06 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: There is really no way to respond to this since it applies to every player in college.

I mean, sure Saquan Barkley looks good, but just how NFL ready can he be?  Sure he played for Penn State, but that was college.

It isn't really something that can be debated as it is something that we can all agree on. 

The Bengals could select Daniels and Price back to back and still need a OC and OG next year or the following year. 

We could've selected DeCastro and Glenn in 2012 and both could have been a bust.

Almost like when we went back to back OT with Cedric and Jake.  At the time, who could hate the picks, however we now know how terrible they were ( though to me the jury is still out with Jake as his could have been his heart issue and depending on how that heals, I would give him another shot if he wants it).

A lot of should've would've could'ves in the draft. 

So you know, I wouldn't hate the Daniels / Price selections.  If just one pans out, we will have an improved line, and a lot of our games were lost due to weaknesses on the OLine.

To first bolded.  Baloney, I think just about any rational individual can surmise that Barkley played against many more soon to be pros at Penn St. than Hurst did at SC St.

To second, I hated those picks.  Especially Ogbuehi, he was from a run-pass-option offense.  A lot of people that follow football know that OL from those offenses struggle at the next level.  I was iffy on Jake Fisher, because the Pac 10 was pretty weak defensively at the time, along with Oregon being a gimmicky offense.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why I am not happy about the Cordy Glenn trade - SunsetBengal - 04-10-2018, 08:12 PM