Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teen with full ride to 20 colleges requests public apology from Fox affiliate
(04-13-2018, 07:15 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Adult insulting a child just makes the adult look terrible.  

So now bullying is bad again?

(04-13-2018, 07:15 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The kid who wasn’t even affected bullying back insisting on an apology just shows this kid has no father or male in his life to tell him to suck it up and take the hit like a man.

You must have brown eyes you're so full of it.  You can't even acknowledge the role his MOTHER played in making him the bright, well raised young mad he is.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/04/05/teen-offered-full-ride-20-universities-including-four-ivy-league-schools/490924002/

Quote:Brown largely credits his motivation to his mother, Berthinia.

“When I was in elementary school, I saw my mom graduate from community college and that just meant a lot to me,” explained Brown.

“Michael is my rainbow baby,” shared Berthinia. “I lost three babies before I had Michael. So, I just wanted to be the best mother that I could be to him. I wanted to make sure that he had stability.”

Michael was offered full rides to each and every school, plus $260,000 he’s earned in scholarships.

Michael hopes his accomplishment will serve as motivation to other kids in the Third Ward or wherever they may be.

“Be helpful. Dream big. Don’t be afraid,” Brown said. “Be proud of your family, love yourself, love your community and then share your story. Inspire other people to really reach for the stars and achieve their dreams.”

The kid was accepted, with full rides, to 20 colleges...including four ivy league schools.

While that may not have been the gym teacher program at the University of Cincinnati it certainly qualifies to make him a better "man" than someone who passes judgement on him from afar.

Quote:Adult insulting a child just makes the adult look terrible.

For once, I couldn't agree with you more.  ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Teen with full ride to 20 colleges requests public apology from Fox affiliate - GMDino - 04-13-2018, 09:43 PM