Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anti Trump/Conservative bias in public school textbook
(04-16-2018, 04:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: "Clinton’s supporters feared that the election had been determined by people who were afraid of a rapidly developing ethnic diversity of the country, discomfort with their candidate’s gender, and nostalgia for an earlier time in the nation’s history," says the text."

I agree there are inferences made, we just disagree if the Conservative Media is the one that made them.

I think the conservative media is making them in reference to the book. The Clinton supporters, many of which did fear those things, were also making inferences about those people. Maybe the language could make that more clear, but that is what I am getting from the book. The book isn't claiming Trump supporters are those things, but rather that is how Trump supporters were perceived by Clinton supporters.

(04-16-2018, 04:56 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: They could use a few hedging words no doubt, but the only egregious misrepresentation is "Trump's mental instability."

Call it perceived, apparent, suspected, or any of a bunch of other hedging words, but stating it like fact is irresponsible

They don't state it as fact. They state that Clinton supporters were concerned about that. Which I don't think could be argued against as it was a major point for a lot of people.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anti Trump/Conservative bias in public school textbook - Belsnickel - 04-16-2018, 05:07 PM