Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anti Trump/Conservative bias in public school textbook
(04-16-2018, 05:23 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: It’s writer opinion in textbook. Not fact! Teach our kids and let them make their own choices. What I read disgusts me.

It's not, though. What is stated in there were major concerns during the election cycle. The writer isn't saying Trump is unstable or that his supporters are whatever Clinton's supporters believed them to be.

You're getting whipped up by sensationalist media.

(04-16-2018, 05:28 PM)GMDino Wrote: True or not I don't know if what Clinton supporters were "fearing" even needs a place in a text book.

But if this is even true it might be the first time in a long time Conservatives were concerned about how items were worded in a textbook because it made conservatives look bad.  

Sure it does. The 2016 election cycle was highly contentious and the public mood and opinions are a part of that.

But no, it won't be the first time. Conservatives notoriously make moves to have textbooks edited to make them feel better about their shitty policies.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anti Trump/Conservative bias in public school textbook - Belsnickel - 04-16-2018, 05:37 PM