Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump calls on Congress to pull back $15 billion in spending, including on CHIP
(05-09-2018, 07:18 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Where were you during the Obamacare debate lol. Or any of these omnibus spending bills.

I’m all for voting individually. But it seems you guys only want to do so when it’s a gop policy. Besides these are all related to Immigration anyway.

I was against the ACA overall, but I have always been against this sort of thing. I'm also against omnibus spending bills, opting instead for actual budgets and normal order appropriations bills. This is one of those holder things from when I was more of a libertarian, but that was during the ACA days, so there is that.

As for them all being related, I can literally tie any policy issue to another issue. Every single one. I can tie Interior to Defense. That doesn't mean these things that can tangentially be related should be tied together in this way. It's political gamesmanship that puts the lives of citizens at risk.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump calls on Congress to pull back $15 billion in spending, including on CHIP - Belsnickel - 05-09-2018, 07:30 PM