Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump calls on Congress to pull back $15 billion in spending, including on CHIP
(05-10-2018, 09:33 AM)michaelsean Wrote: It's one of the things I hate more than anything else.  And I truly hate it no matter who does it. 

Agreed. It's something I have grown to hate more and more over the years as I have seen the changes in Congress. As they have reduced the staff in DC, spent more time fundraising, and relied more on lobbyists to do their work for them it has become worse. The act of governing and the concern for the citizenry has gone out the window as we have move closer to an oligarchical society where the concerns of the ruling class are the only ones that matter as they play their games to overcome the other side. There is no concern for the actual problems our nation faces for if there were they would address them with legislation that focuses on these issues. This isn't to say there aren't Representatives and Senators that care about these things, but the political structure and the gatekeeping that occurs from the party leadership with the hyperfocus on winning and treating everything as a zero sum game prohibits real good from coming out of it.

Edit: that was a little mini soapbox rant that went off topic. I apologize. Back to your regularly scheduled programming.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump calls on Congress to pull back $15 billion in spending, including on CHIP - Belsnickel - 05-10-2018, 09:55 AM