Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Correlation does not equal causation
(05-10-2018, 03:01 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I think what you are ignoring is that these situations are very different. In the case of same-sex marriage, there was a judicial trend that was moving in that direction. There is a judicial trend in gun control, as well, but that trend is moving away from the direction you are saying we are going.

As for my underestimation, that may be so. I'm an Appalachian and you ain't touching our guns 'round these parts. This can skew my view of it. But at the same time you ought to recognize that your location and the information you consume as a firearm enthusiast is going to produce a point of view that may be slanted to the point of overestimating the movement you are talking about.

Yeah, I'll fully admit this may be the case.  We're getting crushed out here and the 9th circuit isn't helping matters at all.  I'm hoping CA overreaches even more and gets the SCOTUS involved as I think we'd get a favorable ruling.

(05-10-2018, 03:36 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: You really should consider moving to AZ, brother. ThumbsUp

Yes, we are ignorant and insensitive. But we do like guns!

A few things.  Too hot, way too hot.  Secondly, all my friends and family live here.  Third, I have a job that I get medical for life in just eight more years.  So, not moving.

(05-10-2018, 03:38 PM)Benton Wrote: Yeah that’s kind of where I’m at. I wasn’t aware of some of California’s gun laws until ssf posted about them. But they’re pretty extreme and sometimes middle up conversations about realistic gun control.

I’m pro gun, but there still needs to be a common sense approach to allowing gun ownership.

I'd definitely agree with the last part.  The problem is any concession is going to be met by more demands, therefore no one wants to make any.  I'd be fine with a registry or a shall issue license if I didn't know they'd be horribly abused down the road.

(05-10-2018, 03:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have never changed my position on this.  I have always treated the "Assault Weapon Bans" separately from total confiscation.  In fact I am pretty sure I posted poll results that showed how many more people were in favor of so-called Assault Rifle bans compared to repealing the Second Amendment or totally outlawing guns.  We even discussed the partial bans like what is allowed in Australia.

So you admit the statement "no one is trying to take away your guns" is a complete fabrication.  I'm enjoying the common ground.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Correlation does not equal causation - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 05-10-2018, 05:01 PM