Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Me Too Champion showed it was him too
(05-11-2018, 09:40 AM)Belsnickel Wrote:  Being in a relationship doesn't imply consent to anything other than being in a relationship. This idea that being in a relationship implies consent to sexual acts and that consent must be revoked is very problematic and, while I'm sure there will be jeers at this term, is a product of a rape culture.

The problem is that "course of conduct" does establish consent under contract law.  If I have been in a relationship involving consensual spatula sex for a period of time then I am allowed to assume that is consented to unless consent is withdrawn. 

If you are going to make strict rules of consent then there should not be "special" rules that only apply to sexual relationships.  There is absolutely NO burden to one party to "revoke consent" to something that has been established by a regular course of action.  All he/she has to do is say "You can't do that anymore".  Anyone who has been in a relationship knows that is how it works.  If one party says "no" then that means "no", but someone has to say "no" if it has been consented to before.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Me Too Champion showed it was him too - fredtoast - 05-11-2018, 09:54 AM