Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Me Too Champion showed it was him too
(05-11-2018, 09:40 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm going to make this a more general statement than directing it at one post, but I've been ruminating on this term "consensual relationship." I think I understand what is being implied by this term, but it is being used erroneously. Being in a relationship doesn't imply consent to anything other than being in a relationship. This idea that being in a relationship implies consent to sexual acts and that consent must be revoked is very problematic and, while I'm sure there will be jeers at this term, is a product of a rape culture. This is part of the conversation that we, as a society, are having these days surround the idea of sexual assault and consent and how these things play out. Being in a relationship allows for foundation of communication that better facilitates conversation surrounding consent and what each party is up for and how consent is going to be communicated in the heat of the moment, but the relationship itself does not mean consent is there.

If you’re familiar with a persons sexual appetite and you’re consenting to sex with that person ... what I would call a consensual relationship ... then it’s up to you to address issues you’re uncomfortable with.

Going back to the glitter farting, if I’m involved with a woman who primarily wants to engage in glitter farting, an act I’m uncomfortable with, then it’s up to me to talk to her about it. If she wants to continue glitter farting then my options are to a- leave or b- get glitter farted on.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Me Too Champion showed it was him too - Benton - 05-11-2018, 10:22 AM