Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Constitutional Crisis is Here!
(05-22-2018, 08:56 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Well, Washington Post has the same sort of note, because it's in the opinion section...

Opinion pieces aren't news, they are opinion. Unless styled as being from the editorial board, they are the views of an individual. Every newspaper has this section, and the major newspapers usually provide column inches for people of different viewpoints. WaPo and NYT both do this. But bias is going to occur in opinion sections because opinions are just expressions of one's point of view, which is what people tend to call bias.

The actual news parts of these publications, though, are not opinion pieces. People mixing these things up is the reason we are in the situation we are in. People are not informed consumers of the news and far too often mistake news for opinion and opinion for news.

Normally I would agree with you, but in this instance I'm going to call bullshit.  Eugene Robinson is co-editor of the WaPo. It's not like he's someone from "Joe Public" writing in to express his disgust.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Constitutional Crisis is Here! - SunsetBengal - 05-22-2018, 09:10 PM