Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NRA president Oliver North decries 'culture of violence' but worked on 'Call of Duty
(05-22-2018, 09:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: I don;t think violent video games cause violence at all.  Soo...
No, but whatever effect they DO have, you apparently think it's the same for a 17 year old as a 5 year old.
(05-22-2018, 09:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: At 16 you can drive a car and in just two years you will be an adult!  LMAO!
And I'm sure that something like a violent video game or movie would affect a 16 year old different than it would a 5 year old. It seems you do not agree.
(05-22-2018, 09:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: I didn't start the "17 and up" argument.  You did.  You inferred that because the video game Ollie promoted was 17 and up it can't affect kids.
No, re-read that again. What I implied was that because the video game Ollie promoted was NOT intended for kids, it's not ironic for him to think violent video games negatively impact kids. 
(05-22-2018, 09:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: No....

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/21/nra-video-games-gun-violence_n_2348219.html

The NRA has taken the transcript down.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/03/08/media/video-game-industry-white-house/index.html
Sigh ... The point is that North did not explicitly state video games are part of the "violent culture" he was railing about.
(05-22-2018, 09:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: Nope.  But you aren't going to acknowledge that North is simply beating the NRA drum on this despite his willingness to promote violent video games.  Doesn't matter if it's true that the games cause violence or not.

I'd be more than happy to be critical of North for thinking violent video games cause violence ... if you could prove he thinks it. Which you have yet to do.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: NRA president Oliver North decries 'culture of violence' but worked on 'Call of Duty - PhilHos - 05-23-2018, 05:24 PM