Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New policy requires on-field players, personnel to stand for anthem
Off topic, but the anthem is overly played. Hearing it at almost every single pro sporting event, college, high school, and elsewhere for whatever game is about to be played is just too much to be honest. Anymore when I hear it I am just wanting to get it over so the game can start.

But before some of my fellow Muricans bash me, understand I have heard it my entire life at all the countless number of games I have been too from baseball to football to whatever. The 'patriotism' of the song just isnt there anymore, unless its a special occasion or something awful has recently happened like after 911.

Personally I think it would be a good thing for it to be scaled back quite a bit from being overly played at almost all sporting events. Save it for the opening games, or a game around 4th of July or Memorial Day, Super Bowls, World Series, things like that. Reducing the amount its played will make it more special so to speak. Make the Anthem Great Again!

*disclaimer: it is pretty fascinating how the anthem came about to be played at sporting events. It started with baseball doing it during WW1. Then at some point the NFL adopted it around WW2 I believe. Since then with the uber high levels of patriotism after WW2, it snowballed into even being played at high school games.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: New policy requires on-field players, personnel to stand for anthem - Millhouse - 05-23-2018, 05:50 PM