Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donald Trump cannot block critical Twitter users, court rules
(05-24-2018, 03:24 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Which would be all well and good IF THE PRESIDENT DOESN'T ALREADY HAVE AN OFFICIAL TWITTER ACCOUNT. Like i said in my original response, if this were in regards to the official presidential twitter, I agree with the ruling. But, with Trump's personal account this is an affront to his First Amendment rights. 

And, as I said in a previous response:
(05-24-2018, 01:30 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I think the reality is that there is a degree of difficulty that would make it improbable to truly separate a personal social media account from almost any public figure, but especially elected officials, and absolutely the POTUS. This is most true on Twitter or Instagram where official accounts aren't going to be "Pages" like on Facebook. I would like to agree with the idea that the accounts could remain separated out, but the practicality of this solution isn't high.

Trump tweets as POTUS from his personal account on a regular basis. You can't divorce the personal from the official unless that NEVER happens. The only way for it to never happen would be to make the personal inactive at this point.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Donald Trump cannot block critical Twitter users, court rules - Belsnickel - 05-24-2018, 03:31 PM