Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New policy requires on-field players, personnel to stand for anthem
(05-24-2018, 09:57 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: You seem to think the ideas I am presenting, or those of the athletes that have protested during the anthem, are that there is a dismissal of the sacrifice of others or even a dislike of the country. What is really being said is that we want it to be better. We see there are problems and hiding behind jingoism doesn't make that go away.

We can discuss the socioeconomic issues all day long if you like. I know quite a bit about them, more than most people because policies that work to affect change in those areas are what I like to research. It's not as rosy a picture as you like to put it and people have very real reasons to feel this way. Our politicians are whores and aren't representative of us. They run on populist messages and then turn their back on the people when they pass policies. And I'm not just talking about Trump.

But in the end, you ask "why is 2 minutes of freedom such a bad thing?" If it's forced patriotism, if you are making people stand or do whatever for it, then that isn't freedom. That's tyrannical. Freedom is having the ability to protest, or just to sit there playing on your smart phone. That's your choice, that's your freedom.

Who has ever forced you to stand for the National Anthem? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: New policy requires on-field players, personnel to stand for anthem - bfine32 - 05-24-2018, 10:01 PM