Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New policy requires on-field players, personnel to stand for anthem
(05-24-2018, 10:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Is that were it says you should stand? 

We can go back and forth all night, but you know the answer; however, have chosen to be obtuse. No one can has ever forced (made it mandatory) that you stand for the National Anthem. If you are made to feel uncomfortable because you choose not to stand; then that's a different situation. 

I know you started typing this before my edit, so you weren't aware of it. I just wanted to say that my original answer was not me being obtuse. Using force to get someone to do something is not the same as something being mandatory to me; I do not see them as synonyms. There was ambiguity in the phrasing you used, admit it and move on instead of being so snarky about it.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: New policy requires on-field players, personnel to stand for anthem - Belsnickel - 05-24-2018, 10:33 PM