Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pollack: "you’ve still gotta kick the guy’s ass"
(05-24-2018, 08:00 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm with ya completely. It was hard to get excited at all after Marv was retained. I was as close to done as I've ever been. Then they just knocked everything else out of the park. I still don't see any playoff wins looming, and tbh part of me feels we're adding new chairs to the Titanic. 

The thought of a better run game has me somewhat optimistic (about reg season) though.

Lazor is getting some control of the offense. He had the Dolphins averaging 4.7 YPC in 2014 (2nd in NFL), a figure we haven't sniffed since 2000. He's tearing up the old playbook and installing an all-new offense (Dalton said as much), and a big nasty o-line seems to be a part of that. No more little finesse linemen. 

I think he was gone for the same reason we dumped some coaches. Mike wanted change after a disappointing season(s), but he can't let go of Merv for whatever reason. So he swapped out some other coaches and made some moves for players.

Same deal in Dallas. Jerrah is BFF's with Jason Garrett and didn't want to let him go...but the Cowboys undeniably had a disappointing year. So some other heads had to roll. They fired Pollack, longtime QB coach Wade Wilson, secondary coach Joe Baker and I believe one other position coach. This article from 247sports' Cowboys section seems to side with Pollack:

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/Bolt/SOURCE-Dallas-Cowboys-to-fire-offensive-line-coach-Frank-Pollack-113540225

In fact, I really haven't seen anything negative said about Pollack at all. I truly think we just happened to be in the right place at the right time to have this guy fall in our lap. We'll be able to judge his work with the Bengals soon enough, but he certainly did great work in Dallas, as well as Oakland and Houston.
Thanks for the interesting read. Establishing a run game would help this team in so many ways. Things can happen between now and the opener but I’m guessing a 7-9 Win season. They can’t be 1-3 or 0-4 out of the gate if they are going to be a playoff team. We will be out a certain LB for those games.... again. That’s very frustrating too.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pollack: "you’ve still gotta kick the guy’s ass" - Circleville Guy - 05-24-2018, 10:40 PM