Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New policy requires on-field players, personnel to stand for anthem
(05-25-2018, 07:55 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Well, that's not true. It may not be mandatory by law, but force can be used to require people to do so. This is that ambiguity in the term, again. Also, this is working off of the assumption that actions such as kneeling aren't respectful. From the onset of this conversation, about two years ago, now, the statement has been that the intention has been respect but with an acknowledgment of problems.

I understand that you may not find the action respectful, but we aren't going to move anywhere in this conversation if we don't couch it in those terms. You feel it is disrespectful, but not everyone does. That is a subjective interpretation but you aren't presenting it as subjective. This makes it difficult to have any meaningful discussion about the issue.

Of course it's true that you are not required to stand; I thought we had determined this when we discussed the US Code

Not only to I find it disrespectful to the Nation, the people doing it, do as well. They assert they are not protesting the Military, but they are overtly disrespecting the Nation because they feel it is unfair to some. To show disrespect is the singular reason they are doing it. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: New policy requires on-field players, personnel to stand for anthem - bfine32 - 05-25-2018, 11:17 AM