Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New policy requires on-field players, personnel to stand for anthem
(05-25-2018, 11:17 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course it's true that you are not required to stand; I thought we had determined this when we discussed the US Code

Requirements, force, they do not require a legal mandate to be used.

(05-25-2018, 11:17 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Not only to I find it disrespectful to the Nation, the people doing it, do as well. They assert they are not protesting the Military, but they are overtly disrespecting the Nation because they feel it is unfair to some. To show disrespect is the singular reason they are doing it. 

Has this been stated by those participating in these protests? You're assigning motive that I am unaware of. Do you find protest to be inherently disrespectful?

From what I am gathering, this is just an example of what I have been saying in this thread. People are coming to this discussion by stating their opinions as facts, and that is damaging to the discourse.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: New policy requires on-field players, personnel to stand for anthem - Belsnickel - 05-25-2018, 11:43 AM